Quick Links

Useful Links

Friends of Greenwich Park

Revisiting the site of the Old Keepers Cottage

In 2014, a community archaeology project uncovered the site of the Old Keeper’s Cottage close to the Queen Elizabeth’s Oak, near the centre of Greenwich Park. The cottage was demolished in 1853. In 2022, The Royal Parks’ community archaeologist returned with groups of volunteers and school children with the aim to find out more about the foundations, or ‘footings’ of the other outbuildings at the site. Read what they discovered here