Who We Are
The Friends of Greenwich Park was set up in April 1993 to support and promote all the amenities of the Royal Park at a time when the parks were threatened with privatisation. In its first ten years membership has grown from a few hundred to nearly 1800 and is now a body with considerable local influence over the management and future of Greenwich Park.
Do join us in our efforts to:
- maintain the high quality of trees, shrubs and flowers in the Park
- care for wildlife
- plant new trees and improve the landscaping
- support guided walks, horticultural demonstrations and other activities
- watch over the development of all public amenities and sports facilities
- encourage people to know more about the Park
- fund raise to help improve amenities
- above all, ensure a community-based involvement in the future of the Park
Your support will help the Friends of Greenwich Park work with The Royal Parks, including the management team at Greenwich, to achieve these goals. Membership includes a regular Newsletter and information on the wide range of events and activities that take place in or in support of the Park.